Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Little About Me and A Little About This New Column

I know who I am. The question is, who are you?

The Dalai Lama walks into a restaurant and the person behind the counter asks: “What would you like?”

The Dalai Lama responds, “Make me one with everything!”

If you get it, keep reading. If you don’t, keep reading anyway and maybe one day you will.

When it comes to pro wrestling, I’ve done just about everything there is to do except get into the ring and actually work a match. Hey, I even took a couple fo bumps: one at the hands of the whole F’n Show, Rob Van Dam and his ECW cohort Sabu; the other at the hands of former NWA World Tag Team Champs Bad Attitude, Rick Michaels and David Young.

As the former president of the National Wrestling Alliance (1996-2001), I’m proud to have recently rejoined the organization and even prouder to be using the name Ring Warriors in conjunction with my membership, as the late, great Hiro Matsuda and I produced a TV show in the mid-90s called Ring Warriors that became the number one rated pro wrestling program across the European continent and the nuber one program on Eurosport.

This column will be used as a forum for me to get up on my soapbox every now and then and for my periodic musings on all things wrestling-related. Although I’ll focus on the NWA and in particular, NWA Ring Warriors, don’t be shocked if I happen to spout off about WWE, TNA or Indy wrestling in general.

Whatever happens to be on my mind at the time, will be in this column.

Now, make me one with everything …

No comments:

Post a Comment